Welcome to the Montague Elementary YMCA After School Program.
Here is some basic YMCA information:
- We run Monday-Friday from the time they get out of school until 6:00 pm
- We are not open on any school holidays including breaks or teacher in-service days
- Our cost varies: inquire within
Our main focus is on academic enrichment, every child must do an hour of homework and must participate in enrichment activities.
YMCA Attendance Policy
The YMCA After School Program has a very strict attendance policy this year and we will only be enrolling students and families who are able to abide by this policy. We are an After School Enrichment Program and not a day care, we have certain rules we need to follow in order to receive funding. Our rules for attendance are as followed:
- Students must participate M-F, this mean if they attended school and are enrolled in our program they must be present at the YMCA from the time school lets out until 6:00 pm. No child will be allowed to have part time hours.
- Parallel programs are only allowed if they are run by the school. Outside activities will no long be allowed on a regular basis.
- Children must be signed out daily by a parent
Families who are not abiding by our attendance policies will be dropped from our program. If you have any questions regarding our attendance policy please contact Ashley.
Central YMCA After School Site Director
YMCA OF SILICON VALLEY
1717 The Alameda, San Jose, CA 95126
(P) (408) 639-8782
The Y: We’re for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
Project Cornerstone is building a community where all adults support children and teenagers so that they thrive. We work within the YMCA of Silicon Valley and more than 400 schools and community partners to change the personal behavior of adults, strengthen programs that serve youth, and impact public policy.
Through our Community Partnerships, we provide training and consulting on building strength and resiliency in youth to thousands of adults who regularly touch young people’s lives. Our School Partnerships empower young people, parents, and school staff to improve school climate and create vibrant, caring communities of learners. Our in-school programs include:
- The Asset Building Champions (ABC) and Los Dichos parent engagement programs, in which adults learn to create positive connections with their own children and youth in the community, and volunteer at schools reading specially selected books and leading activities that help teach valuable lessons. The Spanish-language Los Dichos program opens new doors for parents from diverse cultures to support their children’s school success as well as the healthy development of all young people in their communities.
- Expect Respect, a bullying prevention program that empowers students to identify bullying on their campuses and design and implement action plans to stop bullying, improve school climate and make every student feel valued and welcome.
- Take It Personally, a powerful six-session workshop to educate and inspire adults to make a stronger commitment to supporting children and teens in all aspects of their lives.
- School staff training and consulting to help teachers, administrators and other school employees recognize opportunities to connect with students and identify and interrupt bullying.
If you are unsure what to do with your child all summer long please consider sending them to the YMCA summer camp programs. We are ACA accredited and only hire staff whom are all CPR pro, first aid and water safety certified. All of our staff work year round in the after school program in Santa Clara at various sites.
We have a variety of camps to offer and all of our camps include swimming and field trips weekly. Please visit www.ymcasv.org and download the summer camp brochure.